Around the World China
1) The Chinese New Year celebration lasts for 15 days.
2) In China, every year is represented by one of 12 animals.
4) You can buy green-bean-flavoured ice pops in China!
5) In Ancient China, soldiers sometimes wore armour made from paper.
6) In 2010 a 2,400-year-old pot of soup was unearthed in Xi'an, China.
7) The Forbidden City, a palace complex in Beijing, contains about 9,000 rooms!
12) The mortar used to bind the Great Wall's stones was made with sticky rice!
13) 7th-century Emperor Tang of Shang had 94 ‘ice men' who made him ice-cream.
Last week in Around the World workshop we made Chinese lanterns. Were can't wait for this week's workshop to learn more!